Roseburg Adoption Lawyers
Adoption can be a wonderful experience for your family. The legal processes surrounding adoption, however, can be complex and require advice and counsel from an experienced lawyer.
Based in Roseburg, we handle adoption cases throughout Southwest Oregon, including non-relative adoptions, stepparent, second parent, single parent, adult adoptions, and Indian Child Welfare Act adoptions. We can also assist with pre-birth adoption planning.
- Non-relative adoptions: Two people, whether they are married or not, who are not related to the minor, seek to adopt the minor child.
- Stepparent adoptions: Adoption of a minor where one parent retains their parental rights, but the court terminates the other parent’s rights so the child may be adopted by a stepparent. The stepparent can be of the same or opposite sex.
- Second parent adoptions: Adoption of a minor where one parent retains their parental rights, but the court terminates the other parent’s rights so the child may be adopted by a second parent who is not married to the parent retaining their rights. The second parent can be of the same or opposite sex.
- Single parent adoptions: When a single person, whether or not they are related to the minor child, seeks to adopt a minor child.
- Adult Adoptions: Adoptions, by any person, of an individual who is above the age of 18 years old.
- Indian Child Welfare Act adoptions: Adoptions where a child is enrolled, or enrollable, with an American Indian Tribe. There are additional laws governing these adoptions that make them unique and complex.”
One of our attorneys will meet with you to learn about your unique situation, explain your rights and options, and address your questions and concerns. If you decide to adopt, we can guide you through the legal process, working toward the best possible option for your family.
No matter what the situation entails, our Roseburg adoption attorneys have the experience and knowledge to handle your case. We will help you complete the adoption process as efficiently and effectively as possible. Although we make every effort to settle legal matters outside of court, we are also ready and able to advocate for you in litigation.
Contact Arneson, Stewart & Styarfyr, PC
To discuss your adoption concerns, contact us online or call 866-977-1385 or toll free at 866-977-1385 to schedule a consultation. Our office is in Roseburg, across the street from the Douglas County Juvenile Detention Center, and near the Douglas County Jail and Courthouse. Evening and weekend appointments are available upon request.